현지인 257명이 추천하는 곳,
현지인이 제공하는 팁
Originally it was called the castle of San Martino in Aquaro and is, after the Arena, the most grandiose and imposing monument of the city. Assumed its present name after the construction of Castelvecchio's Castle of St. Peter. It 'a very large castle, which impresses with its imposing appearance and its shape is definitely military, accentuated by battlements along the walls and corner towers covered by the seven, in which the ancient residential use today is evidenced by the remains of the original fresco decoration visible in some rooms. Was erected between 1354 and 1357 by Can Grande della Scala II, that in an era of wars tumultuous sought to transfer his court in a safe manor. The complex consists of two parts, divided by the imposing thirteenth-century walls. To the left, coming from Via Roma, is the Palace of the Scala family, protected by a narrow courtyard with a double row of walls. At the center stands the high main tower (the tower of the keep) from which soars over the river bridge Scaliger, with three arches, and fortified battlements, which integrates the defensive system of the castle, forming a magnificent example of fourteenth-century engineering. On the right side of the structure is a large rectangular courtyard, originally intended to parade at the center lies a curious fountain in the shape of dog, a symbol of fidelity Scala. Miscellaneous ups were the vicissitudes of the castle, often used as a fortress. Under Venetian rule was intended to arsenal and garrison during the Napoleonic occupation was modified the structure and built the body of the building along the river, with the Austrians it was used as barracks for the troops of occupation. In 1923 he became a museum, home of civic art collections at the time held at Palazzo Pompei, and subjected to a first restoration. In 1943 it hosted the Verona process by which the leaders were sentenced to death who had done depose Mussolini and by the end of the war was damaged by Allied bombing. From 1958 to 1964 Castelvecchio was the subject of a new restoration and redevelopment of a museum designed by the architect Carlo Scarpa, who with his speech has brought to light the original structures wherever possible, freeing them from the additions and highlighting the successive layers. Today is also home to the headquarters of the Castelvecchio Museum in Verona with a picture gallery, a sculpture gallery and an art library, open to the public. One of the most important collections of Italian art.
Originally it was called the castle of San Martino in Aquaro and is, after the Arena, the most grandiose and imposing monument of the city. Assumed its present name after the construction of Castelvecchio's Castle of St. Peter. It 'a very large castle, which impresses with its imposing appearance an…
Museum located in the medieval castle, restored by the famous architect Carlo Scarpa.
It is the most important military construction of the Scaliger dynasty that ruled the city in the Middle Ages.
Castelvecchio bridge, also known as the Scaliger bridge, is an infrastructural and military work located in Verona along the Adige river, part of the Castelvecchio fortress and considered the most daring and admirable work of the Veronese Middle Ages. It was destroyed during the Second World War and rebuilt in 1951.