When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in West Hollywood. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Planning division the Code Compliance division or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Zoning Ordinance. Title 19 of the West Hollywood Municipal Code—the Zoning Ordinance—regulates uses in West Hollywood. You should consult the Zoning Ordinance to see if your listing is consistent with zoning requirements or use definitions. Important terms include “accessory use,” “allowed use,” “bed and breakfast inns,” “dwelling,” “dwelling unit,” “hotel,” “residential unit conversion,” and “urban inn.”
- Rent Control. West Hollywood also has a complicated set of rules and regulations related to rent control, including requirements affecting the conversion of a rental unit into a non-residential use. For more information please review the Rent Stabilization Ordinance or contact the Division of Rent Stabilization and Housing.
- Building and Construction Regulations. Title 13 of the Municipal Code specifies minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings in West Hollywood, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain regulations applicable to residential and non-residential uses may be relevant to your listing. You should consult Title 13 or contact the Building and Safety Division for more information.
- Transient Occupancy Tax. West Hollywood may assess transient occupancy taxes on hotels, inns, vacation homes or houses, and other short-term rentals. A “short-term rental” is defined as a guest stay of 30 days or less. More information about the transient occupancy tax is available at the City's website. Los Angeles County may also assess transient occupancy taxes on guest stays of 30 days or less. More information can be found on the County's website.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- 체험 호스트체코의 체험 호스트는 어떤 세금을 납부해야 하나요?에어비앤비 체험 호스팅에 관심이 있으신가요? 거주 도시의 호스팅 관련 법규를 이해하는 데 도움이 되는 정보를 아래에서 확인해보세요.
- 온타리오주에 적용되는 여행 제한 및 여행 경보코로나19 관련 정부 대응 방안은 지속적으로 변경되니, 주기적으로 업데이트 사항을 확인하고 중앙 정부 및 지자체에서 발표하는 최신 정보에 주의를 기울이시기 바랍니다.
- 체험 호스트중국의 체험 호스트는 어떤 세금을 납부해야 하나요?에어비앤비 체험 호스팅에 관심이 있으신가요? 거주 도시의 호스팅 관련 법규를 이해하는 데 도움이 되는 정보를 아래에서 확인해보세요.